Monday, April 19, 2010

H.O.W.

One of my amazing friends (Molly, whom I job-shared with for 3 years) nominated me to be the H.O.W. "Woman of the Month" back in November when I was recuperating at my parents' house. H.O.W. is a local women's organization (stands for "Helping One Woman...At A Time"). In March, this group voted and I was chosen as the April H.O.W. "honoree." (Not sure if that's the correct word to use...) Tomorrow night - Tuesday, April 20th - is their 2nd Anniversary dinner, where I'll be "recognized." All ladies are invited to attend. It's at FIVE restaurant in Fresno at 6:00pm. To RSVP, ladies (or groups) can call FIVE restaurant and make a dinner reservation at 434-5553. The H.O.W. website is www.helpingonewoman.com if you'd like more information about this wonderful organization. I am so excited for tomorrow night's dinner. It wasn't that long ago that I couldn't imagine even leaving the house, let alone going to a special dinner with friends and family! I'll let you all know how it goes, and post pictures later this week.

Love, Wendy

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

Please pray:
  • That God truly blesses the members of the H.O.W. organization in their upcoming 3rd year.
  • Many blessings upon my friend Molly, who nominated me. Also, please pray for her husband, who has had 3 surgeries for the same problem these past few months.
  • That I have strength to enjoy the evening, and that my back pain is subdued so I can sit at a dinner table comfortably.

No comments:

Post a Comment