Monday, November 2, 2009

bedside surgery complete

Dr. Calhoun finished up with Wendy's bedside surgery around 1 pm. She was heavily sedated for the procedure. The main purpose of today's procedure was to look for the source of infection she is fighting. They didn't end up draining any excess fluid. They cleaned out the area under her incision near her groin and took some fluid to test. They also took some fluid from inside her chest. They won't have test results back for three days.


  1. oh my gosh so much has happened just within the past few updates
    we're praying for you wendy and family and we love you!
    God bless

  2. My sweet friend I am praying for you. My heart just breaks for all the challenges you are having to face. You are such a strong girl...don't let go of your faith adn strenghth my friend. You will conquer these mountains. Love you. Love, Cari

  3. Wendy,
    I finally set up a Google account so I could leave a comment! Now that I can comment, I don't even have the right words to say. You are the first thing our family prays for each day. We are praying for your continued strength, patience, and peace. I can't wait for our RB girls night after all this is over. You are on all of hearts and we are looking forward to the update that says you are coming home!
    Stephanie and the whole Patterson Family

  4. I am inspired as I read about your trial. You are making fabulous progress even if it is two steps forward and one step back. I am hopeful that you will recovery completely and totally and that Jesus will have you dancing before long. I am praying for you and your hubby. I know how important hubby can be in times of need. So how was the Jello when you got it? Did they give you green or red? I can remember when I had to have a colonscopy done and all I could eat was Jello and broth and I thought that it was the best thing on the planet next to not eating a real meal. I did get knocked out this time cuase the last time it hurt so bad. The cool thing is that afterwards I got to eat a steak and baked potato.
    In case you don't know who I am, my name is Nichole Woodley (now Garcia). We used to go to Dixieland a long time ago. I can still remeber playing softball with Christy Koch and one of the Arter girls. I can't remember if I posted this in my first comment to you and your family. I have nothing but good thoughts for you and your family as your recovering process continues.