Her morning walk wasn't as successful as she'd hoped for. She was still in a lot of pain from the Wound V.A.C. cleaning and re-installation. She was disappointed and extremely emotional after she couldn't walk as far as she had the day before. Her mom, nurses, and physical therapist reassured her that she is doing a great job and making good progress. She is really down on herself right now.
Wendy had a better evening. She sat in a chair for her longest stint yet, from 5:00 - 8:00 pm. There were points where she was in a lot of pain and extremely exhausted but one of her favorite nurses, Suzy, pushed and encouraged her to continue to sit. She was communicating well and had clear thoughts while she was up. She talked a lot about Skyler and Jadon. For the first time today she started some of her sentences with, "When I get home..."
Suzy is Wendy's night nurse this evening and Wendy is her only patient. Suzy promised Georgia that Wendy would get a good sponge bath tonight and some extra TLC and attention.
Wendy's mom is so excited about the laptop's arrival tomorrow. She really thinks the perfectly spoken prayers, incredibly supportive gestures, and loving comments from Wendy's many fans and followers will really give her a much needed boost.
- The removal of Wendy's catheter was done in time and didn't cause any damage.
- The Wound V.A.C. continues to effectively pull out dead cells, infection, and excess fluids.
- Wendy is filled with renewed strength and confidence.
- The amazing nurses that continue to care for Wendy.
- Pushing through the pain and sitting up for three hours straight.
Finally, be strong in the Lord, and in the strength of his might. Ephesians 6:10