Wendy's brother Wade arrived today to take over for Georgia. Please pray for Georgia as she travels home tonight to regroup, physically and emotionally before heading back Sunday. Continue to pray for Micah as he fights off illness and cares for his wife.
Her blood will be cultured three different times as they test for CDF. The first test came back negative. The doctors still think it is CDF that is causing so much pain, the elevated white blood cell count, and distension of her stomach. It is very possible that the first test was a false negative.
The pain management team has been working hard to help Wendy feel less pain, but also keep her coherent. They've found that multiple pain medications put into her body through various ways seem to work the best for her. Currently they are giving her pain medicine in a shot, a steady amount through an iv, and a slow drip through an iv.
Wendy's homework for today is to walk four times as much as she has ever done before, even though she is in an extreme amount of pain. Walking and being upright is crucial to keeping her lung clear and to her overall recovery. She didn't get up at all yesterday because of her gut, potential CDF issue. It is imperative she walk today.
So far Wendy has not had any extreme heat spells today! She has usually had multiple spells by this time. Please pray that she not have any more. Pray the heat spells are behind her, and a thing of the past.
Wendy's mom washed and braided Wendy's hair this morning. It seemed to boost Wendy's spirits and relieve her psychologically.
- Wendy doesn't have anymore extreme heat spells.
- She walks four times as much as she has before.
- The infection is CDF and they give her the most appropriate antibiotics to fight it.
- Strength and protection over Micah and Wade as they care for Wendy.
- Safety over Georgia as she travels home.
- The simple comforts of clean, combed hair.
- No extreme heat spells yet today.
- Improvements from last night.
- The power of prayer.