Wendy is still experiencing EXTREME hot flashes. She goes from a normal temperature to a pink faced, burning hot, on fire temperature. Wendy's mom fills surgical gloves with ice and then puts them on her forehead, legs, and arms. Cool wash rags are then placed on top of the icy gloves. Once the burning sensation passes Wendy is back to a normal temperature. The doctors have not been able to figure out what is causing the extreme hot flashes.
Her throat is still raw and painfully sore. The antibiotics and UC Davis Magic Mouthwash have yet to touch the thrush.
A praise to report! Wendy walked more than 24 feet today with a walker but without a physical therapist locking her knee! Her right leg is still numb but she was able to put some pressure on it. Praise the Lord!
Wendy really needs a break tomorrow.
- Her severe sore throat and thrush go away.
- Wendy does not experience "ICU psychosis" tonight.
- She gets 2-3 hours of solid, uninterrupted, comfortable sleep.
- The doctors figure out what is causing the extreme hot flashes and that they stop.
- Micah and Wendy's mom feel comforted, stay healthy, and get good rest tonight. They are incredible advocates, support, and consistent warriors for Wendy at the hospital.