"Wendy is doing ok. ICU is working on dealing with the pain. This was a giant incision with surgeries in many areas within the body. Her internal systems are confused and due to the extent of the surgery, her body is still in shock. We still have miles to cover. The biggest concern is that we cannot have anything go down in to the one remaining lung. They inserted a new NG tube in her nose today to get to her stomach. Last night they had to drain the excess fluid in her stomach. Later today they will try to get her out of bed as it is an important part of recovery. She still is experiencing numbness in her right leg at this point."
Later this morning Georgia and I will head back to Madera. Wade who has been with us the last five days to love, care for and counsel us will fly back to LA this afternoon. The next few days we will be taking care of Skyler and Jadon. Pray for Micah's strength as he appears to be coming down with a cold. The doctors have told us just how dire it is that Wendy is not exposed to any sort of germs in these crucial days ahead.
Upon her dismissal from UC Davis, Wendy will come to the Beckett house in Madera to be cared for in the loving arms of her mother -- one of God's angels and my precious wife of 37 years. Georgia's cookies will give us all strength. While I know many of you would like to come and visit us during the coming weeks, the doctors have made it crystal clear just how important it is that we shield Wendy from any infections or germs.
Your prayers and support are giving our family renewed strength every morning. God is still in control. Thank you so much. To God be the glory for what he had done."
CB and GB
- Wendy's remaining lung remains free of any fluids. Pray that lung starts working at 100% capacity!
- Micah does not get sick. Wendy needs his comfort and physical presence.
- Safe travels for Wendy's parents and Wade as they travel home. Pray they are able to "carry on with life" while their hearts remain at UC Davis Medical Center.
- Wendy regains feeling in her right leg.
- Skyler and Jadon are feeling comforted, happy, and aren't missing mommy and daddy too terribly much.
This is the day that the Lord hath made. I will rejoice and be glad in it.